Monday 1 February 2016

Cute Curly Braided Hairstyle


Hey :) Another hair 'how to' today for you. I've seen this hairstyle everywhere on pinterest but there's never really any tutorials that are easy to find to show you exactly how you do it step by step so that's what I'm gonna do today. It's not the hardest hair style to do on yourself but to make it easier to take photos of  whilst I was doing it I borrowed my sisters hair for the day.
 


Probably the easiest step, start off by curling your hair as normal. I'm using my Vidal Sassoon Easy Wrap curling wand on my sisters hair because the wand has a textured barrel which makes it so much easier to curl hair, especially on my sister because she has very silky hair that's sometimes difficult to work with.


After you've finished curling start to separate the curls slightly with hair brush, makes the hair look nice and wavy :)
 


Now take a section from the front of your head and braid your hair, I decided to braid it backwards but it doesn't really matter and then secure it with a elastic band/hair clip whilst you do the same with the other side too.

 
What it should look like now.. As you can see the braids are now joined, to do this make a tiny gap in the second braid allowing you to pull the first one through.. does that make sense? (you can also use a hair clip if needed to, they're not too hard to hide under your hair just make sure that the colour of it suits your hair, which isn't what I did)
 
 
To make the braid look thicker pull on the strands (next picture will help you understand what I mean).
 
 
 When your done it should look like this. I hope you enjoyed and it and give it a go, it's quite tricky to do on yourself but I'm sure after practise you'll be fine. I think it would look so pretty in the summer months too and it honestly only takes about 10-15 mins depending on how long it takes to curl your hair.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.